Personalized Solutions. Clinical Support. Better Outcomes.
BETTER MEDICATION OUTCOMES
PreventionLink’s Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program is a unique service administered by licensed pharmacists who work to ensure better medication outcomes for people who are at high risk for medication-related problems.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
PreventionLink pharmacists work in collaboration with participant doctors to identify, prevent, and resolve medication-related problems. Pharmacists review and assess participants’ prescriptions, including over-the-counter medications, herbals, and other supplements. To improve patient care, they also identify potential or actual medication-related problems and health care risks.
After the review is complete, to mitigate risks, the pharmacist prepares a comprehensive report and sends it to the participant’s primary care doctor(s). The report includes the following:
- A complete medication list
- An assessment of findings
- Pharmacological recommendations
Participants may also be assigned to a community health worker who will provide one-on-one support to help them live healthier lives and remove any barriers preventing them from accessing the quality of care they deserve.
They may also share resources and services to help participants complete the program. Some of these may include:
- Connections to medication assistance programs that may help lower drug costs
- One-on-one support to better understand and successfully complete the program
- Tips on how to add healthy eating habits and exercise to the patient’s everyday routine
- Education and tips to better understand, manage, and prevent heart disease
- An expert review of their medications and a personalized medication schedule created so that they know they are taking their medicines on time and correctly
Who can benefit the most from this program?
Southern Maryland residents who take multiple prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs may be at high risk of developing a medication-related problem, and everyone wants to avoid bad interactions and medication errors. Those who may want to explore this program include anyone who has ever wondered…
- Am I taking the right dosage?
- Will this new medication interact with my current prescriptions?
- Am I taking this medication correctly?
- Do I still need to take this medicine?
- Is this dosage too high?
- Am I taking this medication at the right time?
- I don’t feel right after taking this medicine.
- Am I taking too much medication?
- How will this medication impact me?
MTM is free to eligible participants. You may be asked to pay a small copay, depending on your insurance.
Program Delivery Methods
Live, interactive sessions are held in-person and through online video links accessible via your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.