PreventionLink Mobile Health App Program
A mobile App on your smartphone or tablet may help you manage your hypertension (high blood pressure) and cholesterol. The app is a central place for participants to input information from devices that measure:
- Blood pressure
- Physical activities/ exercises
- Lipid panels (cholesterol, HDL, LDL)
The app can help you monitor, track, and share data from these devices.
How the Program Works
This program integrates the use of a mobile application, designed with the primary objective of enabling services for the management of Hypertension and Cholesterol by using the mobile application. The mobile app will enable participants enrolled in the program, to monitor and share data from Health IT devices that collect blood pressure, physical activities/exercises, lipid panel (e.g. HDL, LDL levels) and nutrition.
You may be assigned a community health worker who will work with you and primary care physician to find resources and remove barriers that may prevent you from receiving the quality care you deserve. The community health worker may help you:
- Download the app and link it to your health devices
- Remind you to check your blood pressure on a regular basis
Your doctor will consider these items to decide if you qualify for the programs.
- Diagnosed with hypertension (high blood pressure) and/or high cholesterol, with documentation.
- Your mobile device (smartphone, tablet,) can download and run the app.
To be eligible, participants must meet the following criteria:
- All PreventionLink participants with a diagnosis of hypertension and/or Hypercholesterolemia are eligible to use the mobile technology product.
- Participation will be based on the assessment of the patient’s current mobile and its specification.