JOIN THE PREVENTIONLINK PROVIDER NETWORK
How do I become a PreventionLink Provider?
To become a PreventionLink provider you must:
- Enroll in PreventionLink and agree to participate in PreventionLink interactions
- You must be operating a Primary Care Practice in Prince George’s, Charles, Calvert or St. Mary’s counties.
- Use an Electronic Health Record (EHR) System in your practice.
- You must connect to Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients (the regional Health Information Exchange system) required to facilitate the bi-directional referral system.
You will also need to sign the following agreements:
- Business Associate Agreement (Required by HIPAA): A written agreement which defines each covered entity’s responsibility with the use and disclosure of protected health information.
- Data Exchange Agreement: An agreement for two entities to exchange specific data sets in such a manner that the information content or meaning assigned to the data is not altered.
- Memorandum of Understanding: A voluntary agreement between both parties to share information.
- Commitment Form: Providers commit to PreventionLink for at least a year, and agree to refer patients to chronic disease prevention and management programs and community resources.
Expectations of Providers
- Agree to participate in the PreventionLink program for at least a year.
- Agree to identify and refer patients to chronic disease prevention and management programs as well as community resources.
- Enroll patients into PreventionLink and obtain consent forms from them to participate.
- Provide PreventionLink with access to medical practice and patient data and/or reports.
- Provide quality performance indicators along with health outcome data.
- Participate in scheduled on-site visits and/or virtual conference calls with designated PreventionLink advisors for practice coaching and technical assistance
- Participate in educational sessions, including webinars and conference calls
- Participate in the Community of Practice (CoP) meetings
If you are a healthcare provider interested in becoming a PreventionLink provider, you can click here or call PreventionLink at (301)-883-7220, or email at PreventionLink@co.pg.md.us.